Speed Test FAQ:
What are the requirements for this speed test?
For the speed check at tempobox to work properly, the flash player has to be installed on your system. It can be downloaded here.
What does the test reveal?
The speed measurement data indicates the speed from your PC to the server you selected. First, the download-speed is metered then the upload-speed.
The results are shown in Kbit/s, the same measuring unit most broadband-offers are promoted with.
I don't achieve the speed promised by my provider
Although the tempobox speed test is quite reliable some factors may falsify the results:
All sources of disturbance have been removed but I still don't reach the speed
- Other data connections during the check (eg. running downloads with other software, running email software, voip connections).
- Other users using the same broadband connection (eg. when you are connecting via LAN).
- Weak WLAN signal (during the speed check it is better to connect your computer with a wire to the modem/router).
- Old Hardware (eg. 10 Mbit/s-network-adapter and a faster ADSL-connection).
- Overload at the speed test server (in this case, please check another server).
- Overload at your provider's infrastructure (most providers do not guarantee the speed they offer or they only guarantee it within their infrastructure).
Although we cannot be held reliable for the accuracy of the results you should contact your ISP. He probably can provide you with a speed tester tool within his own infrastructure. It is possibly as well that you have faster connections to other servers than to our test servers.